Vinyl it is then!

John Gray jt.gray@...
Wed Nov 28 23:19:09 CET 2007

Whatwhatwhatwhat? "Didn't we love vinyl for the pops and scratches,
the run in grooves and the drop of the needle?"

Surely - "DON'T we........etc."!!

On the subject of PCs versus hi-fi setups - I have a record deck and
cassette deck connected to my computer (a Mac).  And I recently
bought a wind-up gramophone to play 78s.  No technological nonsense
there - not even a volume control, you choose between 'loud' needles
and 'soft' needles.

Reminds me, BTW, of Peelies response to criticism of vinyl as having
surface noise by remarking that " so what, life has surface noise"

John Gray