Walters Week

aurbisons ddriscoll@...
Sat Nov 24 15:17:20 CET 2007

Dear ALL

Bona fide lurker here...

I did once have an attempt at BIT TORRENTing but never really
understood it
 It was always felt like waiting for you luggage at an
airport
 Hoping!  Waiting! It never came around the conveyor .. Am I
at the right conveyor?  Am I at the right airport?  It must be me!!
That said, all the people I know who seem proficient in the art of
BIT TORRENTing have PC's that appear to be foo-ked!  It must be me!
So I am a confirmd technophobe!!

It maybe be a little off subject. The point of my little admission
is, when I was younger (sadly, some time ago) I would tape John
Walter's little "Walters Week" "Music Paper Reviews" segments on the
Kid Jensen, Richard Skinner, Janice Long shows & go down the pub or
linseed a cormorant or whatever & listen next day.  I would tape over
them from week to week ...  Recently I have been copying loads of old
cassettes to disc & found probably around 30 – 40 of these little
recordings all about 15-20 minutes long.  I'm normally quite anal
when it comes to scribbling down dates but as I expected to tape over
them, I never bothered. I don't know the dates of the recordings

Listening to the subject matter my guess is from the end of 1983 to
the start of 1985.

I stuck a number of them on DIVSHARE here:
http://fruitierthanthou.blogspot.com/search?q=walters

They are all around 16-18MB, I don't know if that is big or what..
I copied them for some ex-pat friends in the US
I hope to copy more of them when I have more time over Christmas

Regards

Dave
END OF MESSAGE