[peel] Re: peel shows

Julian Porter spiggytopes55@...
Sat Nov 17 02:06:31 CET 2007

Stryker,

I'll reply on Kevs behalf here. It was me recording these shows on R2R in the late 70's and early 80's. Soon after, I sold the RTR deck to my brother and have, up until the end of last year I think, never played the tapes. There were more than Peel alone and the tapes included a whole Kenny Everett Programme, some Charlie Gillett and others. Anyhow, I found last year, that my brother still had his original RTR and mine, in his loft gathering dust. I asked if I could borrow them and his wife suggested that I keep them. In conjuction with Kev, I downloaded these to the PC in MP3 and gave Kev copies. Recently I suggested he share them and the rest is history as they say. Kev also has quite a number of Cassetttes of mine in MP3. No doubt these will be shared in time.

Kev and I have never met, but I owe him a pint or three. One day we will indeed enjoy a beer together. Maybe some of you lot can join us.

In the meantime, let's share what we've got.

Cheers,

Julian

----- Original Message ----
From: thebarguest <thebarguest@yahoo.co.uk>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, 16 November, 2007 9:02:49 PM
Subject: [peel] Re: peel shows

Hi Kevin.
Listening to the 81 Flock of Seagulls show. I never
thought I'd live to see (hear) the day again. I most probably heard this
at the time, in a tiny student room at Lancaster Univ ! Living on a
diet of Crackawheat and cheese (and the odd toke or 10). I saw AFOS in
a pub in Liverpool around this time, and they blew me away (Peel says
he really likes this 81 session). Thanks again for these great 81
shows ! Another point - there can't have been many people taping shows
in 81 on a reel-to-reel, what's the story etc. (I'm not a big Oasis fan
and can understand why Peely didn't rate them).

Cheers,
Stryker