do you remember??

thebarguest thebarguest@...
Fri Nov 16 21:05:05 CET 2007

Hi Steve.
         Please, please upload said item ! I will if you will -
I've got an edit of a show(s) from the same week which I uploaded to
Phil's server a while ago. It consists of session tracks from Be Bop
Deluxe and Can. Sadly most of Walters' chat has been edited out by the
taper but its still interesting and has at least one weird moment....
It's a pity Walters didn't get his own permanent show - maybe the BBC
thought he'd be too similar to Peel, after all he was Peel's
'producer'. Tragically, he died far too young. That reminds me - I
believe our John was a red wine user. Isn't red wine supposed to be
good for your heart ? And John wasn't a smoker or excessively
overweight. He should have had another 10 years at least .....

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "stephen877847" <s.moon984@...> wrote:

> This may not be the instance to which you are refering, but I
remember
> John Walters filling in for Peel for, I think, a week during, what
> estimate to be, June 1981. So that would be 4 shows I imagine. I
have a
> tape of bits and pieces of it which I converted to MP3 a few years
ago -
>  he played the first Slits session, Adam and the Ants, Bow Wow Wow,
> Tenpole Tudor, T Rex amongst others, plus there was a healthy
dollop of
> banter as you can imagine.
>
> Curiously the above is the same vintage as the recent crop of shows
> that you uploaded, for which I am eternally grateful to you. If
anyone
> is interested I can upload the recording.
>

> Steve Moon
>

> --- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "kevin_beech" <kevin_beech@> wrote:
> >
> > i was flicking through ken's book last night,
> >
> > does anyone remember walters filling in for peel one night ?
> >
> > was the house of love in session? i remember him playing
christine by
> > both house of love and sioux and the banshees.
> >
> > does anyone remember the 2 john's hosting a video show in the 80's
> >
> > and can anyone remember peel introducing a welsh band on t.v.
(again