[peel] Respect!

Alan Ford alan@...
Wed Nov 14 20:53:21 CET 2007

Hear, Hear with the hearty thanks ...

Someone on this group volunteered to convert some of my tapes to MP3 a year or three ago.
I sent off 6 and sat back and waited .....
In the meantime, my old computer died and I lost all my emails, and I can't remember who it was.
So if you're out there - how are you getting on??
If you haven't had time, please return them because I should be able to have a go myself with my new  PC.
I made copies, but the originals would obviously be better.
I don't suppose anyone's keeping a 'catalogue' of what shows are available; there's no point in converting shows which have already been done by someone else (and probably of a better quality than mine),
The tapes I'm referring to contain
    Desert Island Discs;
    John on God Of The Week, which I think was a feature on Simon Mayo's show;
    A show with Andy Kershaw from Glastonbury '93;
    John standing in for Mark Radcliffe on 3 consecutive nights in March '96

Cheers

Alan

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: deedeeramain
  To: peel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 12:28 AM
  Subject: [peel] Respect!

  I'd like to give a hearty thank you to Saipanda and Kevin (Beech) for
  their recent contributions!
  If any body else out there has Peel recordings sitting on trusty C30
  C60 C90 (Go!) - now's the time to be thinking about encoding them to
  mp3!
  The Peel group might even do it for you! - let us know what you got!
  Hello to everyone in the Peel group!
  Dee Dee