[peel] Another request

Phil Edwards festive50@...
Wed Nov 14 02:59:34 CET 2007

Following on from all of this frantic activity on this group due mainly to
: -
  1.. Kens magnificent tome.
  2.. The sharing of these wonderful past Peel shows from these 17 DVDs.
Both of these have 3 things in common : -

  1.. The irreplaceable John Peel
  2.. The past
  3.. Wonderful and exciting music
However, the overwhelming subject of these discussions was the
music/bands/sessions. The Peel comments were a bonus.
I don't have a problem with that (as after all, I do run a John Peel music
server).
At the same time, I still look forward to finding new "Wonderful and
exciting music" and that's why I was in at the beginning of Dandelion Radio.
We're not John Peel and never will be, but we do try to keep the the Peel
legacy alive and try to find the new and unsigned stuff and move forward.
Another of the Peel Legacy's we are hoping to keep alive, is the famed
Festive 50.
I know Peel himself had got disillusioned with some of his past Festive 50s
(me too). However Dandelion Radio took up the baton in 2006 (at the request
of some of John's colleagues) and produced (IMHO), a fairly respectable
Festive 50. We are running it again this year.
So why not mosey on down to www.dandelionradio.com and place your votes for
your 3 fave tracks of the year. We're running it on the same lines as all
previous polls.
The only difference, is that we don't have John scratching the entries into
his large ledger in the style of a Dickensian clerk.
So please vote and help keep the Peel Legacy Alive. You may not have given
Dandelion a listen, you should at least try us out, as we now have 10 DJs
(with a new DJ starting next month, who I'm really looking forward to
hearing).

So. Vote, Vote Vote.

Phil