a request

ken garner ken_garner@...
Tue Nov 13 17:42:16 CET 2007

many thanks, Richard, you are too kind. Unlike the 4th review that's
just gone up! It's by someone called J Atkins (are you out there?). I
shouldn't quibble about a review that gives me 4 stars, but I cannot
help feeling his complaints - which fill his text - about me "hardly,
if at all" mentioning reggae in the late 70s era are not quite
accurate or fair in the context of 37 years to cover in 50000 words
only. I would love to have written more about the reggae sessions,
but simply ran out of time to track down more musicians. One thing I
was determined to do in the book was give a full hearing in the back
reference half and latter main chapters to the DJ and electronic
sessions which are largely absent from all other books on Peel and
the official tribute website, for the simple (not conspiratorial, not
racist, not judgemental, in other words) reason that because they
were all either live or done in DJ's or acts' own studios, there were
no session sheets, so no romeo computer entry, so no ready-made data
to copy over into that site!