[peel] File naming convention?

Phil Edwards festive50@...
Wed Nov 7 20:52:04 CET 2007

I prefer the format John Peel yyyymmdd - featured session - bitrate.wma

eg. John Peel 20010829 - Lift to Experience Live at Maida Vale - 128K.wma
The advantage being when sorted alphabetically, it will also be sorted
These are how I store all of my Peel and Marcelle shows on my FTP server.
Phil

  -----Original Message-----
  From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of ROGER
CARRUTHERS
  Sent: 07 November 2007 09:58
  To: peel@yahoogroups.com
  Subject: [peel] File naming convention?

  We seem to be on quite a run of sharing atm, so I'd
  just like to drop something into the mix that's been
  on my mind for a while;
  Taking a random selection of Peel related files on my
  hard drive, I have things with names like:
  1979-12-12a.mp3
  BBC Radio 1 - John Peel Party 40 October 1979 - 03 -
  Cassette Two Side A.mp3
  JP 11 July 1990 1A.mp3
  02.08.13 - john peel.mp3
  etc. etc.
  In order to know what I actually have and don't have,
  I've started renaming them all in the following
  format:
  Peel 01-02-03 (session act). mp3
  or for Festive Fifty's:
  FF03(5-32).mp3

  Perhaps we could agree to adopting some such
  convention for files we share ? The format I'm using
  is simply one that sorts well on a Mac, but I'm open
  to suggestions if anyone has any better ideas...
  Thanks again to all those involved. When I get a
  minute I'll be adding to the pot,
  cheers
  Roger