how long is a piece of peel

thebarguest thebarguest@...
Wed Nov 7 00:21:33 CET 2007

Thanks Julian.
               I feel an idiot, 'cause just after posting this
query, I was re-listening to the May 81 mp3 and after the news/sport,
the announcer-lass announced, "It's 2 minutes past 10". So the JP
show was 118 mins ; the speed reduction of -7% gives a run-time of
118 mins 24 secs !
               Thanks so much for the show - the audio quality is
excellent - as good as (maybe better than) anything taped in the
90's/00's ....... More shows would make the starting winter more
bearable (like global warming) !

Cheers,
Benny Hawkins

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Julian Porter <spiggytopes55@...> wrote:

> The news would have started at 22:00 therefore the programme is
most likely 1hr 57 minutes or thereabouts. The reel to reels that Kev
has started with mostly come in around 1hr 50 mins which is due to
incorrect speed of the tape deck. Never the less, the whole
programme, with news should be 2hrs.