Leonard Cohen TOP GEAR 14/7/68? Mississippi Fred McDowall NIGHTRIDE

ken garner ken_garner@...
Tue May 22 17:38:33 CEST 2007

thanks, guy, and everyone, but I've now found out that both these
shows exist in the R1 archive and Hannah is making copies for me to
hear, although the Cohen date is the 11/8 repeat TX with the
Pink Floyd session on that show. The tracks confusion is explained in
IST: Cohen recorded 5 numbers, 4 TX on 14/7, and on the repeat on
11/8, one was dropped in favour of the held-over Dress Rehearsal Rag.
The line-up info people have is as I copied from the original
contract in written archives: "& Tony Gilbert for 5 musicians incl
Dave Cousins Banjo"

ken

does anyone have memories of hearing it go out, or feelings about it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Guy Brown <guyanthonybrown@...> wrote:

> 2. Leonard Cohen TOP GEAR 14/7/68? Mississippi Fred McDowall
NIGHTRIDE
>     From: ken garner
> Does anyone know if these 2 Peel one-session-wonders are knocking
> around anywhere out there? Does anyone remember HEARING them? If
so, I
> want to know whatever you know, urgently! cheers - ken
>

> Yes I have restored most of the Lenorard Cohen TG show from a
secondary source as well as my own reel tapes. It contains good
quality recordings of the 4 LC tracks. Ken contact me off list and
I'll mail you a audio CD, least I can do since your 'In Session
Tonight' has been so useful to me over the last 15 years

> GUY

______________Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers
from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.