[peel] Leonard Cohen TOP GEAR 14/7/68? Mississippi Fred McDowall NIGHTRIDE 5/3/69?

Eddie Duffy eddie.duffy@...
Mon May 21 12:14:53 CEST 2007

I have a recording of a Top Gear show which includes the Leonard Cohen
session. As I recall, the show also included sessions from (The) Pink
Floyd, Tim Rose and the John Dummer Blues Band. And I seem to remember
that one of the Cohen tracks was not as listed on the BBC Peel site. I
think "So Long Marianne" wasn't broadcast, but another track (which
currently escapes me), was.

I'd imagine others in the group would have this show, as it does the
rounds in trading. It's by far the best quality Peel recording from that
era I've ever heard; straight from the BBC master tapes, so I'm told.

Eddie.