[peel] Re: Those new polls on the site...

Martin Wheatley martinw@...
Tue Mar 27 20:26:23 CEST 2007

At 15:44 27/03/2007, you wrote:

> >PPS. before I stupidly wiped the first half dozen votes out, I did
> >spot that some of you had already voted for THE NEW AGE STEPPERS. Now
> >this is useful. One or two correspondents wrote to me after In
> >Session Tonight came out citing this as one I had missed, suggesting
> >it was broadcast perhaps sometime in Summer 1981. But neither I nor
> >BBC producers or archivists can find any documentary or audio trace
> >of this session. No session sheet, no file, no tapes. There is not
> >even a contract carbon at Written Archives. Nor does it show up,
> >therefore, yet, on my master day by day calendar. All I know is
> >gleaned from an unofficial On-U Sounds tribute site which claims to
> >identify some of the tracks and that the line-up was huge! Does
> >anyone, especially those of you who voted for it, have any other
> >information about it all you can recall, which might lead me to at
> >least pin down the broadcast date and line-up? Cheers!
>
>I taped it 18-8-83. No guarantee that was the original broadcast date
>might have been a repeat
>
>martinw

The answer to why you have a problem has just occurred to me
Listening back I would say that it was almost certainly produced
by Adrian Sherwood rather than one of the BBC's in house
producers.  Even if they used Maida Vale I can't see Adrian
taking much notice of the BBC paperwork

martinw