Andy Kershaw is castaway

thebarguest thebarguest@...
Mon Mar 19 11:29:00 CET 2007

Very interesting docu. I was quite surprised to find that
AK is from quite a middle-class background (both parents were
teachers, he went to a grammar school and university). Very
likeable chap, affable. Sadly, they didn't explain why AK
lives in the Isle of Man.
His fave music is a mixed, eccentric bag. A big Dolly Parton fan,
he at least loves The Clash. I got the impression he likes old
blues/americana/world-music more than 70'/80's new wave and punk.
And that Neil Young song he played at the start of his following
"Fave songs of all time" show was so soporific, dreary and long
that it alone could have been a contributory factor to the advent
of punk rock !

Regards,
Walter Wall

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Martin Wheatley <martinw@...> wrote:

> At 14:03 18/03/2007, you wrote:
>
> >Ah, crap! Bought myself a brand-new DAB radio last week, and
> >completely forgot to grab these shows. I caught the
Monday 'flotsam'