Not dead, am doing a book

ken garner ken_garner@...
Sat Mar 10 09:43:03 CET 2007

yes, as far as they are known (almost all are), the Night Ride
sessions will be included. The idea is to try and include all
sessions first broadcast on any show Peel presented on Radio 1. And
by a session I mean one day's work pre-recorded in a BBC or other
identifiable studio. So I will not be giving full listings in the
sessionography of the live sets from venues with audiences in
attendance at Glastonbury, Reading, R1's various Sound City / One
Live jaunts around the provinces, Sonar, Groningen, etc etc. They'll
be mentioned briefly in the day by day programme calendar, of course.
I will, however, be including full details of the live studio
sessions from Miada Vale and Peel Acres in latter years, because (and
here's the crunch) they would not have happened without Radio 1, and
were primarily being performed for a radio audience. From the bands I
have spoken to so far, most people are agreed on this - most of us
know what counts as a Peel Session, and what is something slightly
different.

ken