F50 of 1977

Stuart McHugh stuart@...
Wed Mar 7 10:38:43 CET 2007

oh, I dunno - as Ken said:

> Top 14 favourite records of 1977
(was that a typo?)

Seriously tough, I know John would obviously broadcast the top 50,
but did anyone else here send off a SAE for a printed copy of the
chart? I know I did, and you'd get back (with a note from John,
seemingly 'photocopied' on fax paper sometimes), a full festive 60 or
65, sometimes with full timings etc.

On 77, I'm pretty sure Little Feat were in there somewhere because I
can recall hearing them for the first time on one of those shows (our
local record library had a copy of Feets Don't Fail me Now, I think,
but I'd never borrowed it until later that Xmas). Same applies to
Colosseum II.

Can also remember some Stranglers track in there, but  I wasn't sure
of John's opinion on the band (as 12 or 13 year olds we were all
quite forgiving of their lineage and dubious lyrics etc). Looking
back I'd guess that they perhaps weren't part of his personal list?

Stuart

http://www.isthismusic.com