not dead, am doing a book

dunelm61 dunelm@...
Mon Mar 5 18:57:20 CET 2007

More pointers on the road to the 1977 Festive Fifty . . .

1. The source for the top 13 is Andy Smith's posting on the Rocklist
website (hang your heads in shame, Messrs Wall and Heatley). Here he
says "I had trouble tracking down that tape I told you about of John
Peel's festive 50 from 1977. Well I have found it but it only has the
top thirteen! Beter than nothing so here they are . . . Bit
disappointing, I know but I thought there was another tape amongst the
boxes, but there wasn't." Here, then, is someone who not only remembers
there being a Festive Fifty in 1977, but actually taped it.

2. It is claimed (probably by the band themselves) that Some Chicken's
New Religion held down the number 16 position in the chart.

3. A fiver says the Ramones' Pin Head, the Stranglers' London Lady (it
mentions Liverpool!) and X-Ray Spex' Oh Bondage are all in there as
well.