One or two other teeny blanks?? (help?)

ken garner ken_garner@...
Wed Jul 11 13:02:45 CEST 2007

Thanks, everyone, that's great. You didn't have to go all that
trouble Phil, Martin, Andy, but once again I really appreciate it. As
you all might have spotted, the problem in the latter years has only
been really with very occasional live events, where a standard pre-
record session sheet is not really always possible under time
pressures. About Andy's question on the two late ones being after
John died: Louise Kattenhorn had, before he died, booked sessions
John wanted doing right up to the end of 04. She decided these should
be honoured and recorded and broadcast, and therefore I quickly took
the decision that they should go in the book (leaving them out would
be really snotty and puritanical, I felt). They are Peel sessions,
it's just John sadly did not get to hear them or broadcast them. You
can read more all about this in chapter one of the book! - in
the same way that I am also putting in the new sessions on those very
early Top Gears (3 of them) that he did not actually present or co-
present) - they became his by historical default long ago.

er, just one final thing: does anyone have exact dates for the two
editions of the old Radio 5's CHAIN REACTION show in which Peel
appeared? In one week's show, david Gedge interviewed Peel as HIS
hero (this is the one 6 Music have used in those big tribute shows);
and the next week, Peel Interviewed Ian Rush (not Kenny Dalglish, as
some websites claim). I taped them but, yes, I do it too, forgot to
put the exact date on! My best guess is sometime between late 92 and
late 93, midweek, midevening. Neither the BBC INfax / Programme
Intake catalogues or Radio Times help here, I'm afraid. They have
entries for the show, but not who was on which weeks,

cheers

ken

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Dean" <koogy@...> wrote:

> > 13/02/02 - Clinic
>
> i found 4 different clinic sessions / live sets last night, spread
over 3
> minidiscs (all of which also had either broadcast or ballboy on
them) but
> not this one. they do, however, seem to have a thing about starting
with
> Magic Boots.
>
> >   - Anyone got a recording of the 21/12/00 Xmas special from Peel
> >   Acres? I have most of the titles (a number each I think from
> >   Cinerama, Mury the Hump, Wisdom of Harry, but David Iver Herman
Dune
> >   is sure they did more than one number, although he can't recall
> >   what,but I only have the title of one (CHannukah in Florida).
>
> i have 2002 and 2003 on the tivo (easiest way to timer record
whilst home
> for christmas), and found what i think was 2001 (camera
obscura, 'little