[peel] Slash music downloads

Mark sploozed@...
Tue Jan 30 11:20:59 CET 2007

They download very slowly, at least here they do.

I notice they come a bit faster with Juice than
Itunes, but not much. The problem, it seems, is their
bandwidth is tightly rationed. I've found most podcast
servers allow between 500kbs and 2 meg, but Slashmusic
plateaus at around 125kbs. I've also experienced more
broken connections than usual. I suppose being channel
4 makes it more popular, but being Channel 4,
shouldn't they be able to afford more server racks to
deal with the load?