christmas

Andrew Dean koogy@...
Tue Jan 2 12:40:38 CET 2007

a few peel-related christmassy things:

went home on december 19th. got to gloucester station and there was Joe
Strummer. which made me curious because i know Joe Strummer is friendly with
John Peel. anyway, train backed out of the station, the way it does at
gloucester, and there was 47813, John Peel. which was nice.
(http://leesrailwayphotos.fotopic.net/p27591754.html for the curious. my
photos are smaller but worse so i've linked to a good one)

took home a bunch of dandelion radio mp3s to listen to but only got as far
as 4 of december's shows. still, the 2nd hour of Rockers is still going to
cost me about 30 quid when i get to the record shop next so... (burial,
trojan dub rarities (was disappointed by the ska rarities but...), grim fm)
morrison's festive fifty trawl was great and the christmassy show was
perfectly christmassy.

(does Rocker have a Flying Saucer Attack connection btw? there's someone
called Rocker that gets a credit on their lps. could be a coincidence but
there's a geographical possibility)

mtv2 showed peel's all-time festive fifty videos over christmas. it must've
been a repeat but seemed to be the all-time chart he did for 2000 (teenage
kicks at 2, ceremony at 1). missed the first 20 but caught the end of it -
nice to see those pj harvey videos again though.

andy