Ken Garner

dunelm61 dunelm@...
Sun Feb 18 21:02:37 CET 2007

I take all of your points, but feel there are ways and ways of doing
things. For one thing, I don't imagine the amount of work and number of
pages required would exceed Martin C Strong's Great Rock Discography.
In fact, less work would probably be required, as no real research
would be involved, only the processing of lists which already exist.

For another thing, one needn't publish everything in one volume. For
example, a book on Peel's Shows 1976-1980 would be fascinating enough,
covering the transformation of the show during a particularly
revolutionary period. Its publication would allow toes to be dipped in
the water to assess the potential market for future volumes.

As for the expense, I for one would be prepared to fork out plenty for
what I would regard as a music fan's dream. And I can't imagine that
the book would cost more than people appear willing to pay for second
hand copies of In Session Tonight on eBay!