sunday 2nd post

Gary domesticempire@...
Fri Dec 7 08:03:23 CET 2007

Thank you for the kind invitation Phil and apologies for not replying
sooner. Don't worry I certainly won't hammer it, in fact despite the
bargain prices on storage per MB these days I still never seem to
have enough free space. Certainly wouldn't want to hinder the smooth
running of Dandelion either.

Talking of looking forward I'm keen to see what makes it into the
Festive Fifty this year which I believe you begin broadcasting from
the 25th December at Dandelion Radio http://www.dandelionradio.com

I'll email my IP range off-list once I do some weeding. And thanks
again Phil (",)

Regards
Gary Walsh
John Peel Everyday: http://johnpeeleveryday.blogspot.com/
 <em>- new improved blog coming soon</em> ;-p

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Edwards" <festive50@...> wrote:

>   > Cough, did I notice you mention ftp server there at all? (",)
>
>   Oops, I let that slip didn't I. OK, it's a fair cop. I may as
well come
> clean.
>   Periodically, in the past, I have advertised in this group and
asked
> people to e-mail me for login details.
>   Whereupon I ask users to send me their I.P. address (purely to
see whose
> logged in)
>   However, with pressure of work, I haven't the time for all that
faffing
> about. So, here are the login details I usually send out.
>

>   Here are the details of my s   e   r   v   e   r.
>
>   F   T   P Address:- The following Octet  -  82  44 181 124
>
>   User Name:- PeelList
>
>   Password:- qP3VAEhA
>

>   Must be a filter in Yahoo as I've tried to send this a few times
to no
> avail)
>

>    All I ask is:-
>
>   Don't be too greedy.
>
>   I know It's tempting. Jan Bear from Bearsuit on accessing the s
e   r
> v   e   r for the 1st time, said she "felt like an elephant in a
bun shop".

>   Sever currently stands a 63 Gb (nearly 3000 files) of Peel and
Marcelle
> related stuff.
>
>   Also, there's loads more stuff I've had to take off for the time
being
> (about 50 Gb - 7000 files) , as I'm also heavily involved with
Dandelion
> Radio ( www.dandelionradio.com ) and I also use the server for
distributing
> the shows to our DJs and the demos sent in by bands and record
labels.

>   A final note, although we all have nostalgic feelings for John
Peel and
> his shows, we should also be looking forward, which is what we at
Dandelion
> Radio are doing.
>
>   So give us a listen.
>
>   Regards
>
>   Phil
>
>   P.S.
>
>   I would be grateful if you would send me your I.P. address.
Nothing
> sinister, I just use it to check whose logged on.
>
>   I'll just see how this goes. If it starts causing problems with
our
> Dandelion use, then I may have to have a rethink.

Behalf Of
> Domestic Empire
>     Sent: 07 November 2007 20:08
>     To: peel@yahoogroups.com
>     Subject: Re: [peel] File naming convention?
>

>     Yes Phil I entirely agree and for all the reasons you state
above plus
>     yyymmdd is, I believe, the internationally recognised date
format.
>     Should such a thing concern one.
>
>     Cough, did I notice you mention f   t   p    s   e   r   v
e   r there
> at all? (",)
>
>     Gary Walsh
>     John Peel Torrents: http://johnpeelpages.blogspot.com/
>     John Peel Blog: http://johnpeeleveryday.blogspot.com/
>
>     On 07/11/2007, Phil Edwards <festive50@...> wrote:
>     > I prefer the format John Peel yyyymmdd - featured session -
> bitrate.wma
>     >
>     > eg. John Peel 20010829 - Lift to Experience Live at Maida
Vale -
> 128K.wma
>     > The advantage being when sorted alphabetically, it will also
be sorted
>     > These are how I store all of my Peel and Marcelle shows on my
FTP
> server.
>     > Phil
>     >