[peel] Re: Tapes of Top Gear from 1969 and 1970

Eddie Duffy eddie.duffy@...
Sun Apr 22 22:18:27 CEST 2007

John,

Ken knows all that because he's the author of "In Session Tonight", and
he's currently researching a new edition.

Regarding legality, well technically, no, I suppose this is not 100%
legal. However, if you're dubious about embarking on this, consider what
happened when the BBC found out about Guy Brown's reconstruction of the
final Perfumed Garden show. They didn't consult their lawyers: they
actually broadcast parts of it on BBC 6Music, complete with an
introduction from Guy about how it all came about. (
http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/events/peel/perfumed_garden.shtml )

BTW, have you found anyone who's going to take this on yet? I see you've
had some offers. This is the most interesting Peel find for a good
while, so I hope it works out.

Cheers,

Eddie.