Tapes of Top Gear from 1969 and 1970

hills1902 jandchill@...
Sun Apr 15 15:18:29 CEST 2007

I have some old 7 inch reel-to-reel tapes of eight Top Gear
programmes
that I recorded in 1969 and 1970, with sessions from the following
bands:

26 Apr 69 - Principal Edwards Magic Theatre, Eclection, Family
11 May 69? - Fleetwood Mac, King Crimson, Tyrannosaurus Rex, Bonzo
Dog
Band
Date unknown - Pentangle, Blodwyn Pig, Mandrake Paddle Steamer, John
Dummer Blues Band
Date unknown - Ten Years After, Roy Harper, Third Ear Band
29 Jun 69 - Led Zeppelin, Pentangle, Idle Race,
6 Jul 69 - John Dummer Blues Band, Colosseum, Pretty Things, Imrat
Khan
4 Jul 70 - Country Joe Macdonald, Fotheringay, Cochise
11 Jul 70? - Kevin Ayres, East of Eden, Son House

Some of the tapes are recorded at 3 3/4 inches per second and some at
1
7/8 inches per second, and are of complete programmes, though
unfortunately I edited out the half-hourly news on most of them. I
seem
to remember Radio 1 was only on medium wave at the time so quality is
not brilliant, but they were recorded by connecting to the speaker
terminals of a radio (not using a microphone). Also the tape recorder
was a bit dodgy and took about 10 mins to warm up to full speed so
some
of them now play back too fast for the first 10 mins or so! The tapes
also have various LPs of that era on them.

Despite all their faults, is anyone interested in them ? I'm willing
send them by post in return for the postage (plus donation to charity
if there's a lot of interest), and would be interested in
copies on CD if that's what someone would like to do with them.