Peel's First CD?

Robf robfleay@...
Sat Apr 14 22:23:35 CEST 2007

Not sure if it's been mentioned on here, but The Wedding Present are
celebrating the 20th Anniversary of "George Best" by recreating the tour
(well the cities - not the venues) in October this year - and apparently
playing the whole album as part of the set..

Anyway - the point being that I dug out an old cassette bootlg of the
original Manchester gig from the 1987 tour and halfway through David
Gedge says that "tonight we were the first band to ever have a track
played on CD by John Peel on Radio 1" - the date was 12th October
1987. An interesting bit of trivia I thought..