Peel favourites on TV - Bonzos and Viv Stanshall

Paul Webster paul@...
Fri May 26 14:18:02 CEST 2006

The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band... on BBC 4 (Digital TV) on Friday 2nd June 2006
at 22:00 to 23:00
40th Anniversary Celebration
The original line-up reunite for the first time since the early 1970s split
for a concert at the Astoria Theatre in London. Special guests Stephen Fry,
Adrian Edmondson, Phill Jupitus and Paul Merton take the part of the late
Vivian Stanshall. All four were inspired by the band's surreal combination
of music, comedy, vaudeville and sheer lunacy.
--------------------

No doubt this is a cut down version of the DVD that was issued recently.
I was at the show - and my balding pate was visible a few times on the DVD!

Followed by a repeat of the Viv Stanshall piece
--------------------
Vivian Stanshall - The Canyons of His Mind on BBC 4 (Digital TV) on Friday
2nd June 2006 at 23:00  to 00:00
The life story of one of the founders and lead singer of The Bonzo Dog
Doo-Dah Band. Starting with Stanshall's Southend upbringing, the programme
also takes in his art school days, his spell with the Bonzo Dog band, the
Peel Show monologue, his comic opera Stinkfoot through to his death in a
fire. Lifetime fan Stephen Fry is among the contributors, along with John
Peel, Jack Bruce and Bonzo members Neil Innes, Legs Larry Smith and Rodney
Slater.

Paul Webster
Check out http://www.dandelionradio.com