Peel connection, just barely

Jon vicarage@...
Mon May 22 14:38:31 CEST 2006

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Edwards" <festive50@...> wrote:

> God!
> I'm actually watching it and the UK entry has just come on and this poor
> man's emminem has just included "Teenage kicks" in the lyrics. What
a cheek.
> I think JP would be rolling about in his grave at this.

Well, considering it was co-written and produced by Ricardo Autobahn
out of the Cuban Boys, he might actually have played it! I noticed the
"teenage kicks" reference and knowing who wrote it, thought it might
be some kind of tribute. I actually quite like it(!) It's definitely a
grower. Best UK entry for quite some years, if not ever, though
admittedly that's not to say very much. Still, glad that Finland won :)

Jon