[peel] Peel connection, just barely

Garry Latham garry_latham@...
Sun May 21 11:03:02 CEST 2006

I thought the Lithuanian entry would be would be more appreciated in the UK as it was taking the piss out of Eurovision, we is pretty much would be do every year.

Phil Edwards <festive50@...> wrote:    God!
 I'm actually watching it and the UK entry has just come on and this poor
 man's emminem has just included "Teenage kicks" in the lyrics. What a cheek.
 I think JP would be rolling about in his grave at this.
 The Lithuania one, apart from being dross, not so much a "boy band" more of
 a "man band", including a Harry Hill
 lookee likee.

 Looking forward to the Finland entry just about to come on.
 Phil

 -----Original Message-----
 From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of
 John Bravin
 Sent: 20 May 2006 08:20
 To: peel@yahoogroups.com
 Subject: Re: [peel] Peel connection, just barely

 Of course I meant Finland, not Lithuania - the problems of typing with
 one eye closed

 John Bravin wrote:
 > ... and if you close one eye and one ear and squint aurally at the entry
 > from Lithuania you can almost hear Napalm Death. I think John would have
 > liked this entry.
 >
 > John
 >

 > Finland has failed to qualify in previous semi-finals and has never
 > placed higher than sixth in the final competition. Heavy-metal
 > monster-outfitted act Lordi  could give the Finnish their most
 > successful entry in Eurovision history with the pyrotechnic-laden "Hard
 > Rock Hallelujah."

 Yahoo! Groups Links

                                                    Music on hold systems                                       Music for advertising                                       Music school                                                                     Wedding music                                       Music                                       Pop music