[peel] wonderful putdowns

Neil Jenkins neil_jenkins.geo@...
Thu Jan 19 11:46:08 CET 2006

I remember during the 1995 FF he played The Fall's "Bonkers In Phoenix".  I've always hated that track, so when it came up in that year's FF I wondered whether I was missing something by not liking it.  Then when it finished he said something along the lines of "Not my favourite Fall track it has to be said, but this is YOUR Festive Fifty, listeners ... not mine!".  I was heartened!  :-)

  I guess the interpretation of that line must be, of all the stuff The Fall have put out this year you had to pick THAT one!

sdmaclean@... wrote:
  What I loved about Peelie so much, and I'm sure is appreciated by all here, is his wonderful understated, yet devastating, putdowns of records he hated at FF time.

            Best regards,
   Neil
  www.neiljenkins.org
  www.dandelionradio.com