wonderful putdowns

sdmaclean@... sdmaclean@...
Thu Jan 19 01:42:13 CET 2006

What I loved about Peelie so much, and I'm sure is appreciated by all here, is his wonderful understated, yet devastating, putdowns of records he hated at FF time.  My all time fave is from 1985, no 43 Some Kind of Stranger by Sisters of Mercy, which he points out he had never played before.  Before the track his quote is

'takes a while to get going'

while at the end its

'yes it's your festive fifty fans'

which in combination really mean

'that record is absolute shite AND way too long'.

Or maybe I am just sad and am reading way too much into it ;)

To my everlasting embarrasment, when he DJed our Uni (must have been Nov 85) I gave him my festive fifty vote listing at the gig, and I had said track as my number 1.  Doh!

BTW, did anyone download my mps of that year FF from the site hosted by Phil on this group?  I also added New Order's Kilkenny show from 1983, recorded off Kid Jensen no less.

Stuart