GOAA/Mekons source

thebarguest thebarguest@...
Thu Jan 12 02:47:07 CET 2006

Hi.
   "Rain Men" - what the f* is that ?
Not a bad film, mind . Yes, "So Good It Hurst"
- circa Everton 1970 - sorry, no more.
Just listened to "Fun 90" a cd-ep by
Mekons - excellent. Esp "Makes No Difference"
the R.Robertson song. Plus a dubby-type song with the
refrain (chorus?) "Burn the stars and stripes".
Funny they moved to the USA the next year !
Still, yes, that album "So Good It Hurts" is
excellent - skeletons on the cover. A credit to
Yorkshire, like Bill Nelson, who I saw recently
in Birkenhead.
In 200 years the population will be tiny - any
idea why ?

Amy Turtle (Ms)

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, sdmaclean@c... wrote:

> Tis true that Ghosts of American Astronauts is one of the great
records of all-time.  Not sure about which show it was on, Peel must
have played it a bit.  I have CD and LP copies of the album So Good
It Hurts, which includes the song and is a good album all round, and
not that hard to find.

> Also, the video for GOAA is on the NME Carry on Disarming video
(circa 1988 ?), which I have on NTSC VHS, and my mate Neil has the
original on PAL if anyone is interested in trading a copy.