Dubster's Peel tapes blog returns

pat183us pat183us@...
Fri Jan 6 09:51:59 CET 2006

Me too Neil.
It's been like it for about the last 3 weeks.
Tells you to wait anything upwards of 45 minutes for a download and
then when it does reach the download screen tells you that you have
downloaded xxxxxxkbs in the last hour which is of course impossible
as you've been sitting there waiting for your download to become
available!
I think they may have changed the way they look at downloaders, I
have a BT Broadband account and I suspect they're viewing all BT
Broadband downloaders as one person - something to do with proxy
servers maybe?
Anyway I wrote to The Perfumed Garden guy to ask him if people were
reporting the same problems to him but he hasn't replied yet.
I think for the time being people should use flurl, megaload or some
of the other free upload sites.

Pat.

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "Trudi & Neil" <teenee@b...> wrote:

> I've been having all sorts of problems downloading via rapidshare.
It tells
> me I've exceeded my down load limit, when I've not used it for days
> wait for a cerain amount of time, after which it says I'm already
> downloading something!
> Anyone else having thisproblem?
>
> NeilC

Cutler
> > > session does appear to be complete though, based on the way Peel
> > > introduces the first and last session tracks in the extract. A
complete
> > > session in less than an hour suggests that Peelie's programmes
were only
> > > an hour long back then. Anyone know for sure?
> > >
> > > Eddie.
> > Over in the Ivor Cutler group there is much jubilation (well - a
quiet and
> > restrained smile at least). Ivor was listed as having a session
in October
> > 75 - but not December.
> > The running order is the same at the October listing - but 3
tracks are
> > "missing".
> > Could this have been a (partial) re-broadcast of the session or
perhaps a
> > misattribution of dates somewhere or maybe a chunk is missing
from the
> > middle of the recording.
> >
> > At the end of November 1975, John Peel was doing 1 hour (23:00-
00:00). He
> > moved to that slot in the Autumn. If he had kept it until end of
December