some bloke on ebay...

emailjpatterson emailjpatterson@...
Mon Feb 13 23:46:58 CET 2006

Although I've been a Peel fan for ages, I am new to this group, but
can I just say I've been really chuffed with the response to my
post..and all the offers of help - you'll probably find a few emails
pinging about as I offer up some potential B&P trades to improve my
collection.

To be able to listen to John again as nature intended - yes, complete
with the records I didn't much care for - is a real treat and one by
which I am genuinely moved.

I first 'found' John's show in 1984 or so, and listened to him every
night until University, at which point girls, beer and generally
fannying about took precedence (I know, I know...) Then in about 1999
I realised I could set a timer to record Peel every night and listen
to him on my way into central London every morning - from that point
on I listened to virtually every show (if only I'd had the foresight
to keep the tapes instead of reusing them...)so to find this sort of
opportunity is a God send, and one I plan to keep for both my kids.
They may (probably will) HATE nearly all the records but at least
Rose, my daughter will know why I was so upset when 'my favourite man'
- as she calls him - died, and I'll know that i've done a decent job
in educating them about everything John stood for.

Sorry to ramble on - but you've not only saved me the £30 this bloke
was going to charge - you've also made me enjoy work journeys all the
more...

Thank you to the group as a whole, and individually to those who just
might be about to help me... :))

JON