[peel] Re: some bloke on ebay...

Neil Jenkins neil_jenkins.geo@...
Mon Feb 13 13:25:18 CET 2006

Just had a delve behind that eBay link and it seems he (she?) often sells Peel shows on there.  (He got �47 for such a sale last October, for example.)

  Much of this material is available from members of this list (I myself was involved in the distribution tree for the Radio Mafia shows some time ago) and that's the way it should be.  Louise was telling me that she often gets enquiries from people wanting to get hold of recordings of Peel shows and she always directs them to our group.  So we've become the sort of "unofficially-sanctioned" source of Peel material.

phil <philip_h@...> wrote:
  <Here's my thoughts :
fans selling stuff to fans should be aggressively
discouraged. Fans should trade with fans and no money
should change hands. >

Agreed! Most, maybe all, of the stuff on those discs has been freely
shared over the last year or so, much of it by people on this list. He
has included some of the Finnish shows in there which certainly aren't
being created with the intention of making any profit. Hopefully he
won't be selling too many of these. I don't like the idea of sharing
stuff out for people like this guy to sell, but I guess it's
impossible to stop him.

              Best regards,
   Neil
  www.neiljenkins.org