Hello? Izzis thing on?

graham steel g.j.steel@...
Wed Dec 20 11:05:59 CET 2006

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, <lollygagger@...> wrote:

> I find the music Tom plays has the energy that Peel played.

I agree completely - that's what really distinguishes Tom from the
guff currently on R1: the man's passion for music of all kinds really
comes across in his show. Like you (Adam) I usually only keep 1 or 2
tracks from the show, but that's a much better hit rate than I get
listening to R1 or Mark Riley on R6 etc..

I strongly urge you (Colin) and anyone else who hasn't given it a go
to download some of the shows.. forget about who his dad was, just
listen to the music!

graham

> Not all to my taste but the so called "New" music progs on Radio 1 >
play slow off beat stuff but with no real energy or back bone.

> If I heard 2-3 tracks on Peely's show I really liked I would
consider it a good 2hr show. I would keep these tracks and play them
over and over. I enjoyed listening to the other stuff because it was
challenging. So I think there is more of a likeness of Tom's show to
Peely's compared to anything else I have heard. Adam

own man and puts together a fine show.  30 (now 45) minutes is not
long, but I like the wide range of music, and his links which combine
lots of information with a wry sense of humour. As he relaxes (or gets
more airtime) he might even reduce the speed of delivery from 100
words a minutes to something more normal.  But you can't have it all.

>     John
>
>     colin bray wrote:
>
>       I must confess that I have not listened to Tom's broadcasts.
This is .. also because I have a basic problem with taking Tom's
musical taste seriously largely because he bears the brandname 'Peel'.
To me this reminds more of hereditary monarchy than meritocracy.

>       Colin.

>   Get live scores and news about your team: Add the Live.com
Football Page