[peel] Hello? Izzis thing on?

lollygagger@... lollygagger@...
Tue Dec 19 23:31:30 CET 2006

I find the music Tom plays has the energy that Peel played. Not all to my taste but the so called "New" music progs on Radio 1 play slow off beat stuff but with no real energy or back bone.

If I heard 2-3 tracks on Peely's show I really liked I would consider it a good 2hr show. I would keep these tracks and play them over and over. I enjoyed listening to the other stuff because it was challenging. So I think there is more of a likeness of Tom's show to Peely's compared to anything else I have heard. Adam
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: colin bray
  To: peel@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 9:48 PM
  Subject: Re: [peel] Hello? Izzis thing on?

  Fair enough John. I have been going by my initial reaction to press reports of Tom's show.

  I'm intrigued enough to give it a go when I can.

  Colin.

    From: John Bravin <john.bravin@...>
    To: peel@yahoogroups.com
    Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 22:12:49 +0100

    A understandable view but in my opinion not fair.  Tom is his own man and puts together a fine show.  30 (now 45) minutes is not long, but I like the wide range of music, and his links which combine lots of information with a wry sense of humour. As he relaxes (or gets more airtime) he might even reduce the speed of delivery from 100 words a minutes to something more normal.  But you can't have it all.

    John

    colin bray wrote:

      I must confess that I have not listened to Tom's broadcasts. This is .. also because I have a basic problem with taking Tom's musical taste seriously largely because he bears the brandname 'Peel'. To me this reminds more of hereditary monarchy than meritocracy.

      Colin.