Re: [peel] Hello?  Izzis thing on?

rockerq@... rockerq@...
Tue Dec 19 21:05:01 CET 2006

> There is a case for saying that once most people interested in
> these things got Internet and especially broadband so they could
> download things Peel's main purpose was going anyway

I disagree - one of the great things Peel was was a filter - he probably
listened to more crap demos than anyone alive today - so we could enjoy his six
hours of broadcasting per week, instead of having to listen to a whole week of
mainly rubbish (er.. like the rest of Radio One's output).

As a DJ for Dandelion Radio I'm finding that a lot of my time is taken up
with trawling MySpace and other radio progs and download sites and online record
stores and demos we've received and even occasionally real physical record
shops! - I expect my fellow DJs do likewise - and yes, there's a lot of shit out
there - but the odd brilliant find makes it all worthwhile - and hopefully our
listeners are finding that they can hear a lot of good, new stuff by
listening to our 12 hours or so of output per month - that's not to say there are no
other people out there doing it - or that you won't like some of the tracks we
may play - but we do see it as carrying on John's work - and saving the
listener from the rubbish!

Cheers!

Rocker

er... that's www.dandelionradio.com