[peel] The Great Alan Freeman

Susi Maxwell-Stewart susioddball2k@...
Sat Dec 2 10:18:28 CET 2006

i remember asking for alan freeman's autograph as a kid and he signed it 'stay bright susan love alan freeman' quite a coup for me

----- Original Message ----
From: thebarguest <thebarguest@...>
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, 1 December, 2006 10:04:29 PM
Subject: [peel] The Great Alan Freeman

            Along with JP, AF was an "alternative" educator for me, at the

age of 15, 16, 17. Yes, he was an advocate of the dinosaurs after

the sell-by-date of some, but I remember hearing "See No Evil"

(Television) and "Goodbye Toulouse" (Stranglers) for the first time,

on his Rock Show, in early 77. I think he was very open-minded

musically. His patter and classical music link-jingles were unique

and just as enjoyable as the playlist.

John Peel, Alan Freeman, Tommy Vance ....   all gone but never

forgotten, partly thanks to those enlightened enough to tape some of

their shows in full .......

Yours etc.,

Parry Thomas

<!--