Does this train go to Liverpool ?

thebarguest thebarguest@...
Fri Dec 1 23:46:52 CET 2006

Zutons remind me of stuff like "The Beautiful South" and other
pseudo-alternative bands ie lets make some money, baby.
"Does this train stop on Merseyside" by Amsterdam was one of JP's
fave songs in his latter years ; it is a very good song but I am
biased being a Liverpudlian ! However, I must say that in real life,
no "Scouser" would ask such a question. Merseyside includes Southport
and St. Helens, both more Lancashire than L'pool. If I was on a train
hoping it was heading home, the question would be " Does this train
go to Liverpool ?"  Train-wise, L'Pool is at the end of the line, it
is not "en-route" to anywhere else. It's crazy, using "Liverpool"
would sell more CDs as well, maybe they're big Everton fans (like
me).

Regards,
Alan Whittle

"--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Stuart McHugh <stuart@...> wrote:

5NzE1BGdycElkAzc2MzY5BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAyMjQwOQRzZWMDaGRyBHNsawNocGgE
c3RpbWUDMTE2NDI3NTI2OA-->
> >Good on you chaps. Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas
otherwise. I shall
> >be voting with bells on.
> >
> >What a great surprise that BBC "Keeping It Peel" Radio 1 have
decided to
> >abandon perhaps the final legacy of the great man, having
systematically
> >dismantled everything else he held dear. What were these "good
reasons" for
> >not having a R1 Festive 50 this year could I ask? Did they just
say "Sorry,
> >John who?".
> >
> yes, excellent news. To be honest I think this is for the best on
> many counts. if they ran it on R1 they'd do so out of the Colin
> Murray slot and that would ruin the chart as far as my tastes are
> concerned - the changed listenership (e.g. does anyone on this
list
> tune in?) would vote in Oasis and the Zutons and quite possibly
> Daniel O'Donnell, all at odds with the legacy of great
undiscovered