Tom Ravenscroft to present innovative new music show

Gary domesticempire@...
Fri Aug 25 12:15:36 CEST 2006

Yes I agree, whichever way you slice it the programme has everything
going for it. If you're a Peel fan you'd be mad not to listen to it.
It has all the musical elements of a typical Peelie programme. As I
've already said elswhere, I'm sure this is to be a small step in
Tom's career journey - a thirty minute podcast just leaves you wanting
more.

You've probably seen this quoted a few times...

Peel never expected any of his children to take up the profession. "He
certainly didn't give me any tips," says Ravenscroft. "The last time I
was on national radio, I got told off for swearing. Dad was talking
about Archie [his grandchild] and asked me what I thought. I replied,
'He's f***ing awesome.' He apologised for how badly he'd brought up
his children."

And you can probably guess my next question! Can anyone remember when
this was? Can we date it exactly and do any of us have a recording. I
ca't recall hearing it myself.

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "graham steel" <g.j.steel@...> wrote:

> I just downloaded the first show and listened to it, and though it
was
> pretty *$%^ing good. at least 3 really interesting tunes, haven't
> heard that it one half hour of a radio show since, er, 2004.
>
> anyone else got an opinion?
>
> gram
>

> --- In peel@yahoogroups.com, John Bravin <john.bravin@> wrote:
> >

> > More of the same in an interview in yesterday's Telegraph.
> > www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2006/08/17/bathom17.
xml