pig's big 78s

saipanda saipanda@...
Sat Apr 22 07:47:45 CEST 2006

Hi folks,

My first ever post here. Greeetings from Tokyo.

Anyone else got the "Pig's Big 78s" yet? Not sure if it's available in the UK yet, but it seems
to be out in Germany and I got it on an import from the US (maybe a bit of a roundabout
route), via a major online retailer. Arrived yesterday (Friday).

Anyway, its great stuff. Brilliant for me personally to have "Tom Hark" in the original
version by Elias and his Zig-Zag Flutes, as I remember my mum used to have it on an
ancient 45, back in the day. Who needs the Piranhas?

That's just one fo me, though, and it's full of treats. Right this second I'm listening to
"(There Ought To Be) A Midnight Saving Time" by Bob Richardson & His Orchestra, which is
a very jolly big band number. Too many great things to pick out really. Apparently, the
track listing had already been finalised at the time of JP's death, so it's the kind of hugely
mixed selection you'd expect.

Packaging of the whole thing is really nice, too, with an illustrated interview with the Pig
and her comments on the various tracks. This comes in both English and German in my
copy.

So, I'm a happy customer.

Anyone else?