[peel] RE: Re: Peel day HMHB

Garry Latham garry_latham@...
Thu Sep 22 20:44:15 CEST 2005

Oi, Primal Scream are self-styled ELECTRO-rock
behemoths! ;D

Sorry are the caps, I can't use the yahoo formatting
with Firefox.

--- Stuart McHugh <stuart@...> wrote:

---------------------------------

>>  I don't want to upset anyone, but at the time I
just didn't
>  > like the whole C86 style. This includes HMHB of
course.

>While it's true that HMHB appeared on the NME C86
tape it's debatable
>whether they were ever part of the C86 "style".
Mention C86 "style" and
>I think more in terms of The Pastels, Shop
Assistants, Sarah records and
>badly written fanzines with free lollipops or hair
grips.  I don't think
>HMHB ever fitted in with any of that.

  very true - 'C86' as a phrase has come to mean that
jangly pop thing
(the BMX Bandits even called an album after it) but so
much of the
stuff on that compilation was very far -removed from
that sound - the
Ron Johnson stuff (Big Flame etc), Bogshed, Age of
Chance, McCarthy...
Ironically the most 'C86' thing on there in that twee
sense was
self-styled rock behemoths Primal Scream!

--

is this music? po box 13516 linlithgow eh49 6wb
scotland

                                                Music
on hold systems
Music for advertising