[peel] Digital Radio for Leo

Mark newswire@...
Tue Sep 13 08:23:41 CEST 2005

On 8 Sep 2005 at 20:58, dunelm61 wrote:

> Have you considered a freeview tuner as an alternative to a DAB
> radio?
> I have a DAB radio, but I was fed up with only being able to receive
> BBC7 in mono, so when the Peel stuff was on BBC7 a couple of weeks
> ago, I was prompted to get a freeview tuner, and I'm glad I did.

I've tried both and find DTT much better quality as well as being easier to time set recording -
you can use a program like Total Recorder to time set the computer side of it and Amp
Winoff will turn the computer off for you automatically.

There are most likely other combinations. I found an older freeware version of TR but I seem
to have lost the install file. I'm sure it's still out there if you search. I think it became
shareware from Version 10 onwards, but 8 works fine for me.