[peel] John's Record Box

Alan Ford alan@...
Sun Oct 23 22:38:34 CEST 2005

I've investigated one of these (so far):

> 40. Golinski Brothers - Bloody + Toy (BADGE RECORDS) 1980 2x copies

First Verse of Bloody:

"I'm gonna go where they've never seen snow
Send my giro to Cairo
I can't stand another day
I gotta get away
I'm not impressed
My life's in a mess
I get so depressed
Still you gotta have a laugh
Ha ha ha ha

Chorus:
What am I bloody well s'posed to do
Got my bloody well self bloody stuck on you"

I have a tape of a Glastonbury'93 show where John plays this track; I seem
to recall he was particularly  impressed with the line
"Send my giro to Cairo".

Bloody is still available on the Vaultage Punk Collection:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000024TO4/qid=1130099272/sr=2-1/re
f=sr_2_11_1/026-3536663-6740455

Track listing:
1. Jilly - Piranhas
2. Virginity - Piranhas
3. Tension - Piranhas
4. Girls Get Nervous - Nicky & The Dots
5. Wrong Street - Nicky & The Dots
6. Lord Lucan Is Missing - Dodgems
7. Elvis Is Dead - Peter & The Test Tube Babies
8. Bank Holidays - Vandells
9. Bloody - Golinski Brothers
10. Nervous Wreck - Lillettes
11. Hey Operator - Lillettes
12. I Want To Be My Girl - Woody & The Splinters
13. Sweetie - Chefs
14. Thrush - Chefs
15. Happy Families - Piranhas
16. Twenty Four Hours - Chefs