Friday Rock Show v Festive Fifty

dunelm61 dunelm@...
Sun Oct 23 10:54:12 CEST 2005

I can't remember what the chart was called, Jim, but you're right
about it being lengthy. If memory serves, only the top ten were ever
played, and they took up practically a whole two-hour programme. Other
tracks making a regular appearance were Shine On You Crazy Diamond and
Rush's 2112, both of which are essentially the whole side of an LP!

I remember Peel being somewhat concerned when Wire recorded a session
track of similar length in the late seventies.

Tracks appearing in the Festive Fifty seemed to be getting longer and
longer, to the point that Peel was actually fading them out in order
to move things along. Does anyone know what was the longest track to
make it into the Festive Fifty?