[peel] 'Happy' Peel Day

Andrew Morrison morriso@...
Thu Oct 13 20:12:39 CEST 2005

This was in my daily music newsletter email today...  Ain't been to the site yet though...

Andy

NEW MUSIC WEBSITE LAUNCHED IN PEEL'S MEMORY
John Peel Day is also being used to announce an interesting new venture
from
Peel's iconic record label Dandelion Records and Universal Music - a
new
music website called, simply, http://www.johnpeelmusic.com. Devoted to
discovering and championing great new music, this site will be
supervised by
John's son, Tom Ravenscroft, who will work alongside Peel's long time
agent
Clive Selwood, a former director of Dandelion Records as well as
Elektra,
CBS, Pye and UK Records. New musical talent will be encouraged to
upload
their music to the site, while music fans will be asked to rate the
music
posted. Selwood explains: "For 30-odd years John was the point of
reference
for the best new cutting edge talent and now there's no real
replacement.
The ethos behind this site is to fill that void and in turn reveal the
next
generation of recording stars." Confirming their involvement in the
project,
Universal boss Lucian Grainge told CMU: "When I was starting out in the
business as an A&R scout, I played John Peel's show in my Mini
virtually
every night. It is terrific to play a part in continuing the legacy of
someone who influenced the careers of so many artists, as well as the
A&R
community."

Marcelle van Hoof <mar.celle@...> wrote:
'Happy' Peel Day to everyone....

love Marcelle xx

Music on hold systems Music for advertising Music school Wedding music Music Pop music