Interview with Sheila

John Bravin john.bravin@...
Sat Oct 8 14:00:53 CEST 2005

There is quite a long interview with Sheila in today's Daily Telegraph
(ooh the irony....).

It's clearly a trailer for the launch of Margrave of the Marshes, which
will be serialised from tomorrow in the Sunday Telegraph (ooh even more
irony...)

Some very touching bits:

In the last years of his life, Sheila says, John was "happier and more
contented" than she had ever seen him. Her only concern was over his
health. A year before his death, his Radio 1 programme was shifted, yet
again, to a later time - 11pm-1am. "He was very tired, and I was worried
about him. I said: 'I can't believe you're not going to complain.' But
he said he'd be fine. He was just relieved he was still on the radio."

You can read it on line at

 http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml;jsessionid=TYB2MK1D4SMH5QFIQMFSM5WAVCBQ0JVC?xml=/arts/2005/10/08/bopeel_int08.xml