[peel] MES footie scores

simon smith moomin@...
Tue Nov 22 18:05:21 CET 2005

In message
<112220050016.2384.43826372000338B6000009502200735446020E0A040C0E030B9C@c
omcast.net>, sdmaclean@... writes
>What the f*** was MES on???  "Southampton Town", "Bristol", "League 1
>continued" (it was league 2 Mark).  I do hope he was joking, I fear he
>wasn't.  I can understand him being nervous, but to me he came off
>clueless.

I realise he probably imbibes and ingests more now, but he's always been
like that on radio or tv when I've seen him. "I can barely be bothered
to talk" sort of approach and a blank sense of humour. He added a 'town'
onto a couple of other clubs (Chesterfield being one). The fact that he
left 'Dons' off 'Milton Keynes' suggests to me that he knew what he was
saying.

--
simon smith