[peel] Wawali Bonane stream

Martin Wheatley martinwheatley@...
Mon May 2 19:18:59 CEST 2005

At 17:28 02/05/2005, you wrote:

 >The African show on KEXP Seattle, always worth a listen, did a 10 or 15 min
 >feature on our pal Wawali Bonane  on the most recent show, see
 >
 >http://www.kexp.org/streamarchive/archive_genre.asp
 >
 >However I didnt catch it till today, and the show was from last Monday, and
 >its only archived for the week. So you probably have till 9PM pacific time
 >today, 5AM Tues UK time till its gone. Turns out Bonane lives and records in
 >Seattle now with fmr Tabu Ley members.
 >
 >The Bonanne part is one hour into the 3 hr show, but they have a super
 >deluxe custom player that must play real time and that I have been unable to
 >hack the way we work around the BBC sites. So you have to wade thru an hr of
 >uneven stuff, but much is good anyway.
 >
 >Would love to know a workaround....

Using my patented method of setting a fake proxy in the Real Audio player
the RealAudio
link is
rtsp://media-rm.ast.cac.washington.edu/kexpspool/200504251800to04260000_2-256k.rm?start=00:00:00.000
and this does download with Net Transport

Unfortunately the same method doesn't work with Windows Media Player because
it doesn't generate an error box with the failed URL in it as the Real
Player does

martinw