The Prats

stuart mchugh stuart@...
Mon Mar 28 15:48:06 CEST 2005

> I recall there was some discussion in this group some time ago about a
> band called The Prats. Whilst searching for the single by Some Chicken
> (New Religion) (I found it!) I stumbled across three singles by The
> Prats: 1990's Pop ep (including the legendary Disco Pope), General
> Davis and Die Todten Reyten Schnell. I hope this answers those earlier
> questions regarding The Prats???
did we 'do' The Prats a couple of  months ago? 'General Gordon'
appeared on the soundtrack to The Maucurian Candidate remake!
And coincidentally, their first release was on Earcom 1 (we mentioned
Adamski/Stupid Babies appearance on #3 the other day).

> It amazes me that The Motors were no.1 in 1977, though.....weren't
> they some pubrock band? I vagualy remember I have that single as well,
> if I find it, I'll play it on Tuesday as well

Not only #1 but #3 as well! I remember being surprised to say the least
when Peel announced his favourites for that year. I suppose you could
see The Motors as pub rock but maybe 'new wave' might be kinder, though
for many there's not  much difference! (They has a massive chart hit
with 'Airport'* a couple of years later but were pretty far removed
from punk rock by that time... BTW, listen to that song's intro and
compare and contrast with one of the tracks on the Franz Ferdinand
album...)

Stuart