[peel] Digest Number 942

Marcelle van Hoof mar.celle@...
Thu Mar 17 19:24:54 CET 2005

From: <peel@yahoogroups.com>
To: <peel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 5:37 PM
Subject: [peel] Digest Number 942

>            From: "Andrew Morrison" <morriso@...>
>            From: festive50@...
>            From: "Andrew Morrison" <morriso@...>
>            From: Neil Jenkins <neil_jenkins.geo@...>
>            From: Neil Jenkins <neil_jenkins.geo@...>
>            From: Andrew Morrison <morriso@...>
>            From: Andrew Morrison <morriso@...>
>            From: Andrew Morrison <morriso@...>
>            From: Neil Jenkins <neil_jenkins.geo@...>
>            From: <robfleay@...>
>            From: festive50@...
>            From: Neil Jenkins <neil_jenkins.geo@...>
>            From: Andrew Morrison <morriso@...>
>            From: Neil Jenkins <neil_jenkins.geo@...>
>            From: festive50@...
>      16. Re: Listen With Sarah
>            From: Neil Jenkins <neil_jenkins.geo@...>

> Message: 1
>    Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 00:23:49 -0000
>    From: "Andrew Morrison" <morriso@...>
> Subject: Listen With Sarah
>
> Visit http://freespace.virgin.net/sarah.peter.nelson/new.html to hear, and
read information about the exclusive 'offensive content disclaimer' I
recorded at the request of "Listen With Sarah", the much-featured and
popular artist of John Peel show fame, to accompany something downright
filthy she's recently recorded for her website.  Her 'Are You Sitting
Comfortably' album was released last year... Perhaps I'll feature on the 2nd
LP..?

> Andy
>
> Regards,
> Andrew Morrison
> Email: morriso@...
> Website: http://www.AndrewMorrison.co.uk
>
> [This message contained attachments]

> Message: 2
>    Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 01:44:04 -0000 (GMT)
>    From: festive50@...
> Subject: Re: Listen With Sarah
>
> Andrew
> As I've just told Sarah, you've become a bit of a cult icon and maybe we
> should start a campaign for the Beeb to award you the One Music disclaimer
> contract.
> Phil
>

> > Visit http://freespace.virgin.net/sarah.peter.nelson/new.html to hear,
and
> > read information about the exclusive 'offensive content disclaimer' I
> > recorded at the request of "Listen With Sarah", the much-featured and
> > popular artist of John Peel show fame, to accompany something downright
> > filthy she's recently recorded for her website.  Her 'Are You Sitting
> > Comfortably' album was released last year... Perhaps I'll feature on the
> > 2nd LP..?
> >
> > Andy
> >
> > Regards,
> > Andrew Morrison
> > Email: morriso@...
> > Website: http://www.AndrewMorrison.co.uk

> Message: 3
>    Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 01:52:11 -0000
>    From: "Andrew Morrison" <morriso@...>
> Subject: Re: Listen With Sarah
>
> Well, a campaign in my honour sounds interesting indeed!  I've submitted a
"Remixed Rob Jingle" in his competition which ends on 24th March (a 160BPM
Happy Hardcore jingle, in fact) although it doesn't feature my good self in
it - just the regular voiceover sampled and filtered.  It's a corker,
nevertheless, and I hope it becomes one of the winners!  Feel free to get me
"reinstated" on One Music, if you so desire - not that I'm some sort of
egotist, of course.

> You can still relive the old days at
http://www.AndrewMorrison.co.uk/peel.html in the meantime, of course.  By
the way, did anyone notice the specially-recorded Peel disclaimers that went
out during last years Festive 50?  Don't have a recording of when it went
out on air, so if anyone can mp3 or CD me both shows, that'd be great.

> Andy
>
> Regards,
> Andrew Morrison
> Email: morriso@...
> Website: http://www.AndrewMorrison.co.uk

did [*] then I should still have those knocking around on my hard disc
somewhere and would be delighted to put then on CDs for you.  Just send me
your postal address (off-list, of course) and I'll get cracking (seeing as I
still "owe" four people on the list some CDs!).

> [*] - Some people around me are still referring to 2003 as "last year", so
I thought I'd just check!

> Best regards,
> Neil
>
> http://www.geocities.com/neil_jenkins.geo/
>

> Andrew Morrison <morriso@...> wrote:
> By the way, did anyone notice the specially-recorded Peel disclaimers that
went out during last years Festive 50?  Don't have a recording of when it
went out on air, so if anyone can mp3 or CD me both shows, that'd be great.

> [This message contained attachments]

> Message: 6
>    Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:43:31 +0000 (GMT)
>    From: Andrew Morrison <morriso@...>
> Subject: Re: Listen With Sarah
>
> Yeah Neil, I meant the Rob Da Bank one.  It'd be fab if you could burn off
a copy for me on CD(s).  My address is

> 13 Langley Road
> Buckland
> Portsmouth
> Hampshire PO2 7PU
>
> Ta very muchly in advance!
>
> Andy
>
> Neil Jenkins <neil_jenkins.geo@...> wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> If by "last year's Festive 50" you mean the 2004 shows Ron Da PostOffice
did [*] then I should still have those knocking around on my hard disc
somewhere and would be delighted to put then on CDs for you.  Just send me
your postal address (off-list, of course) and I'll get cracking (seeing as I
still "owe" four people on the list some CDs!).

> [*] - Some people around me are still referring to 2003 as "last year", so
I thought I'd just check!

> Best regards,
> Neil
>
> http://www.geocities.com/neil_jenkins.geo/
>

> Andrew Morrison <morriso@...> wrote:
> By the way, did anyone notice the specially-recorded Peel disclaimers that
went out during last years Festive 50?  Don't have a recording of when it
went out on air, so if anyone can mp3 or CD me both shows, that'd be great.

> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

>    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
>

> Andrew Morrison
> Email: morriso@...
> Website: www.AndrewMorrison.co.uk
>

> [This message contained attachments]

> Message: 7
>    Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:46:06 +0000 (GMT)
>    From: Andrew Morrison <morriso@...>
> Subject: Re: Listen With Sarah
>
> Bugger. Didn't mean to put my address on the Yahoo Group (or the world
wide web, for that matter) - that was just intended for Neil - anyone
capable of deleting my last post for me - a "moderator", or whatever???

> [...]
>    From: festive50@...
> Subject: Re: Listen With Sarah
>
> Andy
> I think you'll find that you are allowed to delete your own posts.
> As I am sure I have done this myself after an indiscreet post.
> Phil
>

> > Bugger. Didn't mean to put my address on the Yahoo Group (or the world
> > wide web, for that matter) - that was just intended for Neil - anyone
> > capable of deleting my last post for me - a "moderator", or whatever???
> >
> > Engage brain before utilising keyboard!
> >
> > Andy

> Message: 12
>    Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:04:29 +0000 (GMT)
>    From: Neil Jenkins <neil_jenkins.geo@...>
> Subject: Re: Listen With Sarah
>
> Hi again Andy,
>
> OK, 'tis burned!  Just one question before I pop it in the post, however.
What do you prefer ... stripes or dots?

> :-D
>

> Andrew Morrison <morriso@...> wrote:
> Yeah Neil, I meant the Rob Da Bank one.  It'd be fab if you could burn off
a copy for me on CD(s).

> Ta very muchly in advance!
>
> Andy
>

> Best regards,
> Neil
> http://www.geocities.com/neil_jenkins.geo/

> [This message contained attachments]

> Message: 13
>    Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:14:06 +0000 (GMT)
>    From: Andrew Morrison <morriso@...>
> Subject: Re: Listen With Sarah
>
> Erm, dots. I think.
>
> Neil Jenkins <neil_jenkins.geo@...> wrote:Hi again Andy,
>
> OK, 'tis burned!  Just one question before I pop it in the post, however.
What do you prefer ... stripes or dots?

> :-D
>

> Andrew Morrison <morriso@...> wrote:
> Yeah Neil, I meant the Rob Da Bank one.  It'd be fab if you could burn off
a copy for me on CD(s).

> Ta very muchly in advance!
>
> Andy
>

> Best regards,
> Neil
> http://www.geocities.com/neil_jenkins.geo/

> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

>    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
>

> Andrew Morrison
> Email: morriso@...
> Website: www.AndrewMorrison.co.uk
>

> [This message contained attachments]

> Message: 14
>    Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:17:30 +0000 (GMT)
>    From: Neil Jenkins <neil_jenkins.geo@...>
> Subject: Re: Listen With Sarah
>
> Dots it is then!
>
> Andrew Morrison <morriso@...> wrote:Erm, dots. I think.
>

> Best regards,
> Neil
> http://www.geocities.com/neil_jenkins.geo/

> [This message contained attachments]

> Message: 15
>    Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:37:50 -0000 (GMT)
>    From: festive50@...
> Subject: Re: Listen With Sarah
>
> Dots, Stripes????
> Huh!
> > Dots it is then!

> Message: 16
>    Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:18:31 +0000 (GMT)
>    From: Neil Jenkins <neil_jenkins.geo@...>
> Subject: Re: Listen With Sarah
>
> Andy will understand when his CD arrives, as indeed you will understand
when your Radio Mafia CD arrives!  ;-)